In the last few weeks, we’ve been focusing on improving the performance of our brand new time product as well as addressing high priority issues. In addition, we’re officially releasing one of our most popular beta features, Executive Assistant. Read on for more details!
Executive Assistant is now out of Beta
If there is an administrative assistant at your company who manages expense entry, coding, matching and/or submission, this feature is for you!
You can now enable the Executive Assistant functionality from the Features page in Tallie settings. Once Executive Assistant is enabled, an individual user can be given the “Access/Manage Other Accounts” permission. From there, you may assign the user a specific subset of permissions for management of others’ accounts.
Executive assistants are able to switch between profiles easily without needing to sign out of their personal Tallie account.
We’ve collected valuable feedback in the beta phase and fine tuned the feature in order to prepare it for wide release. Thank you to all who participated in the beta program!
Sort and Filter in Tallie Time
The sort and filter for the time product shares the same basic idea as that for expenses, with the addition of dimensions. Depending on your accounting system and company settings, the availability of certain dimensions in the sort and filter menu may vary.
To activate sort and filter, simply click Sort Time Entries By and select an option to narrow your list of time entries. Depending on your selection, you can filter the results even further, such as switching between ascending and descending order or choosing to view all time entries submitted within a specific date range.
In addition to the Time Entry page, the sort and filter feature is also available on Approval and Export pages, giving approvers and exporters more control over how the time entries are presented to them.
Product Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Time rejection email now includes rejection reason
- Fixed Time Entry page not loading in Safari: For optimized results in Tallie Time, please continue using Chrome during the beta phase.
- Fixed the issue where Executive Assistant’s active dates are not honored
- Fixed the issue where Executive Assistant settings show “Track Time” in expense-only enterprises
- Made sure we handle processing of non-standard PDF files more gracefully so they don’t slow down general receipt processing speeds
- Made sure we only validate for projects and classes when exporting to QuickBooks
- Made sure auto-import for credit card statement upload skips payments
- Fixed the issue where Approver tab is missing in newly-created resold accounts
We look forward to hearing how these upgrades have made managing your time and expenses even easier. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to our Product Expert team at email@example.com or by calling 888-874-1118 Ext 2.