We’ve been working on a new feature on the Purchases page for the past few months and we’re excited to unveil it in this release — the Purchases Page Spreadsheet view! Built with usability and efficiency in mind, the Spreadsheet view is the easiest-to-edit view on the Purchases page thus far. In addition, we implemented notifications to approvers when reports have been unsubmitted, added support for export as draft to Intacct, and addressed a variety of export issues that were raised since the last release. Read on for more details!
Purchases Page Spreadsheet View
The much-anticipated Spreadsheet view is now live! In the upper-right corner of the Purchases page, you can now switch between the Tallie signature tile view, the table view, and the latest Spreadsheet view. The Spreadsheet view is designed to provide power users a way to rapidly code and edit expenses by incorporating tab and return commands to navigate between cells. By displaying all expense details in individual cells, the Spreadsheet view also offers enhanced visibility.
Similar to Microsoft Excel, hitting the Return/Enter key saves the current cell’s content and navigates to the cell below, and the Tab key moves the cursor to the cell on the right after saving the current cell’s content. The Tab and Return magic doesn’t end here. Holding down the shift key and hitting Return saves the current cell’s content and takes you to the cell above it, while Shift + Tab saves the current cell before moving the cursor to the cell on the left. Just like Tile and Table views, use the category icons to select a few expenses. Once these expenses are selected, you may choose to edit all, delete all or start a report with the selected expenses.
We released Spreadsheet as a beta feature as we continue to fine-tune it, and we’re excited to hear your feedback and suggestions if you have any! Please note at this time Spreadsheet view is not supported in Firefox or IE browsers (including Edge).
Export Expense Reports as Draft to Intacct
The majority of our Intacct customers rely on Tallie to handle their approval process for expenses prior to export to Intacct. However, some of you have requested additional flexibility to allow for later approval processes in Intacct after export from Tallie. In order to serve your needs, we now offer export to both the Accounts Payable module (bills) and Time & Expense module (expense reports) in Draft state, in addition to the already-supported Approved state. Please note that a manual process is required in Intacct to mark these Draft bills and expense reports as Approved prior to payment.
Notifications to Approvers When Reports Have Been Unsubmitted
Tallie now sends a notification to anyone who received an approval email when the report has been unsubmitted, regardless of whether they’ve approved the report or not. (We released this feature early so you might have noticed it already!)
Additional Enhancements & Fixes
- Analytics Page: New data added to Analytics CSV download, including credit card column, submit date, approved date, and export date.
- Custom Payment Memo: We have added additional fields for customizing your payment memo on export. Please refer to our Customizing Payment Memo support article for more info.
- Intacct Users: Stalled sync issue observed in Tallie accounts connected via Console credentials is fixed.
- New Currency: GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
- Fixed various export issues, including page refresh being needed to see export error details, exported reports not being marked as Exported, incorrect expense item status messages when export destinations are split, hidden export errors causing reports to be stuck in Queued, reports being stuck in Queued when QBO token is bad, and various incidents of reports being stuck in export states that were unrelated to TallieConnect or QBO statuses.
We love to hear from you — even if it’s just to say hi. Let us know how these updates to our expense report software help your team. Reach out to our Product Expert team at email@example.com or by calling 888-874-1118 Ext 2.