Tallie is consistently recognized for building the most robust accounting integrations in the industry. In order to maintain this standard, we focused the majority of our efforts on fixing as many imperfections as we could find in our integrations, as well as adding new functionality such as exporting merchant names to Bill.com and fine-tuning our CSV template generator to make them more powerful than ever.
In addition to the enhancements made to integrations and export, the highly anticipated Executive Assistant feature is now live in beta format for select customers! A user can be given the Executive Assistant permission and assigned to manage tasks for one or more executives.
Export corporate credit card merchants to your Vendor list via Bill.com
Knowing where you’ve spent your money is critical to running a business. However, it is often difficult to track expenses by vendor when exporting expense reports in bill format because the vendor is the payee on the bill (the employee or credit card), not the merchant from whom each item was purchased.
In this release, we introduced a new option to include merchant/vendor data in non-reimbursable exports to Bill.com. When exporting corporate card transactions as individual paid bills, admins now have the option to export merchant names to Bill.com Vendors list in addition to the default Credit Card Vendor option. This enables admins and accountants to export both reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses to Bill.com for approval and attachment purposes without sacrificing the ability to run a report on corporate credit card spend by merchant.
[Beta] New Executive Assistant feature gives the ability to manage tasks for one or more executives
A select number of our customers and partners have been asked to beta-test our new Executive Assistant feature. When this feature is activated, users can be granted the executive assistant permission to access and manage other users’ accounts. This access can be configurable to date ranges and a specific subset of permissions.
When acting as an executive assistant, he/she will be able to create expenses, approve reports, export, and manage Tallie settings on behalf of the executive without receiving full access to the executive’s account. Additionally, they will be able to perform these executive assistant functions without needing to sign out of their personal Tallie account.
When a report is submitted to the executive for approval, both executive and delegate will receive a notification and can approve directly from it. The use of the Executive Assistant feature does not affect billing as active user is calculated based on expense owner, rather than the people creating expenses.
This feature is currently in beta mode and will be released to our general user base after we receive feedback from our early evaluators and make further improvements. If you’re interested in being a part of the beta team, please contact our Product Experts and we will provide you with a beta program overview and help you configure the functionality for the needs of your company.
Product Enhancements & Fixes
- For our customers with access to multiple Tallie accounts, the styling of the Identity Details page has been updated for more clarity.
- We have placed more restrictions on syncing a single Tallie account with potentially conflicting accounting and/or bill pay systems.
- The engine for creating .CSV export files has been updated significantly, with a great deal more options, additional export formats and the ability to search for the data fields.
- We have added optional enhanced restrictions on Intacct sync, configurable by each dimension.
- Added multiple foreign currencies: Bangladeshi Taka (BDT), Moldovan Leu (MDL), Botswana Pula (BWP), Namibian Dollar (NAD), Pakistani Rupee (PKR)
- We’ve addressed the issue where expense mappings appeared to be erased when approvers edit expense reports, but reappeared upon page refresh.
Would you like to be a beta tester for our new Executive Assistant feature? Reach out to our Product Expert team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 888-874-1118 Ext 2.