At last week’s 25th Annual Women in Technology (WITI) Summit in Santa Clara, hundreds of women gathered to emerging tech trends and address the challenges women in technology face today. Inspiring career advice filled the conference rooms from executives including IBM, Cisco, and Adobe. Emerging tech trends and hilarious Google Glass stories were revealed by Silicon Valley influencers. Tallie’s very own Claire Milligan (Director of User Experience) and Sylvia Esmundo (Director of Marketing) proudly participated in the lively exchange of ideas and career experiences over the 3-day summit that were shared in a live tweet stream (#WITISummit).
Today, we’ve rounded up the Top 10 Trends and Big Ideas from the 25th Annual WITI Summit. From Big Data to company culture, exciting changes are on the horizon for women in technology.
10 BIG IDEAS from the Women in Tech Summit 2014
- THE IMMINENT SENSOR TREND “We’re about to enter a really big era
of everything being monitored.” @karaswisher, Founder of @RevereDigital
- Meaningful innovation is about intersecting human needs with technology, which primarily are centered around comfort.
- “Everyone has to be entrepreneurial; that’s how you succeed.” @karaswisher
- “Marketing is no longer the fluffy pink part…We’re accountable for generating revenue. Mktg today is art+science.” @KarMWalker, Marketing SVP @Cisco
- “It’s no longer B2B or B2C, it’s Human-to-Human.” @KarMWalker
- MOBILIZE CUSTOMERS AS ADVOCATES. 77% of consumers buy a new product via recommendation. If you can get a customer to speak on your behalf, your conversion rate can grow 4-10x @sandy_carter, General Manager, IBM Ecosystems and Social Business Evangelism
- Communities create new markets. THE TOP 10 NEW MARKETS: CHINA, INDIA, FACEBOOK, USA, GOOGLE+, INDONESIA, LINKEDIN, TWITTER, TENCENT, WHATSAPP. @sandy_carter
- Analytics 3.0. Real time insights driven by big data & cognitive computing.
- “The next era of computing is about the result of what’s happening, not what’s making it happen” @karaswisher
- “Social doesn’t CHANGE your culture. It REVEALS it.” @sandy_carter